5 tips to save on heating costs
The limitation of the price of gas has lowered the price of electricity and gas compared to 2022. However, energy consumption is one of the most expensive fixed costs for Catalan households, so we propose ideas to reduce consumption.
We leave behind the holidays and winter begins to peek timidly to the head. This combination forces us to consider how to save on heating, because the pockets are shorter than ever at the beginning of the year. For this reason, from 11Onze the head of agents Mireia Cano raises 5 tricks to heat the house saving to the maximum.
- Avoid sudden changes. When heating the house or a room, either with a stove or heating, do it gradually. Set a low temperature and raise it as the room warms up. If you set the temperature too high all of a sudden, the energy demand will be much higher.
- Take advantage of the hours of sunshine. We do it little in winter, but it is important. During the hours of sunshine, remove the curtains. If it is not cold at midday, take the opportunity to open the windows. The sun’s rays will warm the floor and the interior walls of the house. It’s not much, but every little bit helps!
- Insulate well. It is necessary to have good insulation, if not you can lose 30% of the heat of the house. Windows and doors are key. In the video, Mireia Cano suggests some homemade ideas that can help you. Something very simple and important is to lower the blinds every night so that the coldness does not radiate through the windows.
- Heat efficiently. It is not necessary to heat the whole house if you do not use all the rooms. Do you need the dining room? the bedroom? the bathroom? Then heat these spaces. It is obvious that air circulation will tend to balance the temperature, so what you should do is close the doors of the rooms you do not need.
- Invest in fabrics. If you don’t want it to get cold, keep the house warm. What does this mean? That the fabrics retain heat very well, therefore, carpets and curtains will help us to have a warmer home.
And finally, Mireia Cano adds an extra tip: heat the bed the way our grandparents did, with hot water bottles. Or, if you want, with bags of seeds that are heated in the microwave. Saving is key, for the pocket and for the planet. Applying these tricks won’t make you rich, but it sure will save a little. And as the saying goes, every stone makes a wall.
11Onze is the community fintech of Catalonia. Open an account by downloading the super app El Canut for Android or iOS and join the revolution!
If you liked this article, we recommend you read:
“At 11Onze we want to be sustainable”2 min read
The COP27 summit has highlighted the importance of a
Molt bones recomanacions, gràcies
Moltes gràcies pel teu comentari, Manel!!!
Gràcies a tu, Joan, per ser-hi i per seguir-nos!!!
Els meus avis en èpoques fredes feien us de tota classe de prendes textil de llana i com últim truc l’ús infalible i unisex de l’antiga i mítica peça de roba “UnionSuit” de felpa sota roba/pijama q cobria desde coll i canells fins als turmells!😶🌫️
Quina gran idea aquesta peça de roba! Gràcies per compartir-ho, Jordi! 🤗