10 tips to prepare for civil service examinations
The public employment offer approved this year by the Catalan Government and the Spanish Government exceeds 60,000 vacancies. We offer ten tips to prepare for a civil service examination with guarantees in case you are thinking of it.
Given the instability of the labour market, you may be thinking about preparing for a civil servant competitive examination. It is undoubtedly a good time to do so, given the large public employment offer announced by both the Catalan and the Spanish governments.
If you decide to take the plunge, the first thing you need to be clear about is which option best suits your interests, your profile and your skills. Also, be aware that you will need a certain spirit of sacrifice to put in the hours of study every day, you will have to be constant and never lose motivation.
Júlia Pérez, director of the Adams training academies in Catalonia, shares ten fundamental tips for preparing for civil service examinations with guaranteed success.
- Keep the objective in mind. To stay motivated, you must never lose sight of the goal for which you are striving.
- Time management. Be clear about how much time you have to study. The more hours a day you can dedicate, the better. But, in any case, it is necessary to make a realistic plan to see how many months it will take to prepare for the exams.
- Studying the right way. We must bear in mind that studying does not mean spending hours in front of a book. It is essential to find ways to make the most of your time.
- Enjoying the study. We must try to have fun while we study so that so many hours do not turn into hell.
- Organisation. We must be very organised because we will spend many hours alone in front of books, notes and questionnaires.
- Support. Furthermore, we need to feel that our environment, both family and friends, support and help us.
- Train, train and train. This is a long-distance race, so it is a good idea to do a lot of exam practice.
- Keep negative thoughts under control. We are bound to have them, so we must try to control them. In this sense, the first point helps a lot: having a clear objective and always keeping it in our mind.
- Better in company. We must be in good company. That’s why it helps a lot to have teachers and other candidates help us not to feel so lonely.
- Taking care of yourself. You have to take good care of yourself, both body and mind, and never stop believing that you can achieve your goal. In fact, many people achieve it every year, so why shouldn’t you be one of them?
If you liked this article, we recommend you read:
The job of the future3 min read
What will the job of the future look like and what skills will we need to succeed?
Finding a job after fifty3 min read
According to the Idescat, this June 2021 there were 445,862 unemployed people.