Five Christmas markets you have to visit
In the blink of an eye, it’s Christmas time. If you enjoy strolling through the streets of towns and cities, the agent Càrol Rafales has put together a summary of the main Christmas fairs you can enjoy in Catalonia.
We have chosen the most emblematic ones: Espinelves, Santa Llúcia, Caldes de Montbui, Vic and Olot.. But there are many more all over the country, so look for them and enjoy them with the whole family!
- Fira de l’avet d’Espinelves. This is one of the most unique markets in Catalonia and has been held for 35 years. In this small village in the Montseny massif, and for more than a week, between 3 and 11 December, you can buy the natural fir tree or the ‘tió’ that will decorate your home this festive season. Espinelves also has the charm of a small village, with its cobbled streets.
- Fira de Santa Llúcia. The best known in Catalonia, it is held in the Cathedral Square in Barcelona and lasts about a month. Here you can find all kinds of Christmas objects, but above all nativity scenes, fir trees and handicrafts. It has 233 years of history and this year it is held between 25 November and 23 December.
- Fira de Nadal i Mercat d’artesans de Caldes de Montbui. This market celebrates more than 30 years of history. Every year, the municipality receives thousands of visitors and prepares its traditional Christmas soap in the largest pot in Catalonia, measuring one and a half metres in diameter and with a capacity of 1,600 litres of soap. Other Christmas activities and shows are also organised in the historic centre.
- Mercat medieval de Vic. During the first weekend in December, between 8 and 11 December, the historic centre of the town returns to the Middle Ages. There are also plenty of stalls with Christmas decorations, typical delicacies and artisan drinks. And there are many shows.
- Fira del Pessebre d’Olot. Between 3 and 6 December, Olot organises its own market, with wooden stalls that pay homage to the Christmas festivities and recreate scenes from the nativity scene. There is also a craft market and many stalls with Christmas decorations.
If you liked this article, we recommend you read:
In search of the ‘tió’2 min read
Everyone in Catalonia knows the famous Christmas character of our country, and we are not
Do our Christmas shopping now2 min read
This 2021, the first business year after the pandemic, is marked
M’ha agradat molt, Això de la guia és molt interessant.
Celebrem que t’hagi agradat Joaquin, ens veiem a La Plaça.
Interessant. Fem país. Gràcies. Bones Festes!!.
Sí, Pere, molt recomanables per a visitar! Bon Nadal!
A tu per ser-hi, Cristòfol!!!
Conèixer més el país és una ajuda per estimar-lo més
Moltes gràcies pel teu comentari, Francesc!!!
Gràcies Carol,tot i que js les coneixeia szber aquesta micona d’historia que has aportat ,ha estat bé
Si, molt cert. Dir, també, que la Carol és una molt bona comunicadora. Moltes gràcies pel teu comentari, Alícia!!!
Molt interessant! Et farem cas i hi anirem. Ganes de Nadal! Aviam si el bitxo aquest ens deixa. Bona feina!
Gràcies, Santiago! La clau és la protecció: mascareta, rentat de mans i seny.
Gràcies Joan! i Bon Nadal!🎄