Discover the winners of the Summer Wine Awards
The contest sponsored by 11Onze awards the best young wines and the best wine tourism proposals
The Catalan wine sector has experienced an unmissable event this Friday, July 9, in the auditorium of Vilafranca del Penedès. The Vinari Awards, the most prestigious in the world of wine in Catalonia, have celebrated the summer gala, seeking the normalization of the sector despite anti-Covid precautions.
The event, organized by Vadevi and presented by Maria Almenar, has recognized the best young wines and the best wine tourism proposals and, therefore, has given very relevant information to consumers for summer season. A representation of the 11Onze team, led by the CEO, Natàlia Cugueró, was present at the event with the aim of supporting a key industry in our country for the economy, landscape and sustainability.
The Vinari have recognized a total of 64 wines, 4 of which have won the Vinari Gran Or award and will receive a distinctive label that will make them recognizable in stores. They are as follows:
- Best young white wine: LaFou Els Amelers 2020, by LaFou Celler (DO Terra Alta)
- Best young red wine: Black 2020 from the MontRubí winery (DO Penedès)
- Best rosé wine: Masia Freyé Syrah Sumoll 2020, Vallformosa (DO Penedès)
- Best young sparkling wine (up to 18 months old): Honor Cava Brut Ecològic 2019, Celler Jan Vidal (DO CAVA)
The gala, paired with the performance of the jazz group The Summer Lovers, brought together Catalan institutions around wine. In addition to Natàlia Cugueró, the mayoress of Rubí, Ana Maria Martínez, presented awards; the general director of the Catalan Institute of Vine and Wine, Alba Balcells; the Mayor of Vilafranca del Penedès, Pere Regull and the Minister for Climate Action, Food and the Rural Agenda, Teresa Jordà.
The best wine tourism proposals were also chosen at the Vinari:
- Award for the best wine tourism accommodation: Hotel BUIL & GINÉ from the winery BUIL & GINÉ, Gratallops (DOQ Priorat)
- Award for the best wine tourism project in the category of catering and pairing experience: Garden Restaurant El Celleret de Família Torres, Pacs del Penedès (DO Penedès)
- Award for the best wine tourism visit and wine tasting experience: Celler Masia Serra, Cantallops (DO Empordà)
If you want to know the rest of the wines and wine tourism activities awarded at the Summer Wineries, you will find them at this link.
After the gala, the audience chatted with a mask outside the auditorium of Vilafranca. The general feeling was one of satisfaction, with the desire for the pandemic to allow the next awards to be handed out as normal. The next appointments for the 2021 Wine Awards are on September 13 at the Celler de Rubí and on October 8 with the big autumn gala in Vilafranca del Penedès. 11Onze will be present, next to the world of wine.
If you liked this article, we recommend you read:
Ecology and economics: a sustainable goal4 min read
Economic growth must respect sustainability standards